West Kentucky Educational Cooperative/Kentucky Center For Mathematics Regional Consultant
West Kentucky Education Cooperative Kentucky Center for Mathematics (KCM) Regional Consultant
Terms of Employment:
Full-Time (240 days unless altered through mutual agreement with the successful candidate)
Commensurate with the approved West Kentucky Educational Cooperative Salary Schedule and candidate experience.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a position associated with classroom teaching. Kentucky Teaching Certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of mathematics teaching and learning.
- Solid communications skills and the ability to work effectively with teachers 1 on 1, in collegial team meetings and facilitating PD.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to keep records and provide data on logistics and professional learning to the KCM.
Responsibility 1 - Provide Support for Schools associated with KCM Professional Learning Experiences
- Conduct in person visits to schools and meet with teachers and administrators (including intervention specialists).
- Perform observations and collect associated data during visits as required by KCM and submit reports to the KCM.
- Host and facilitate collegial team meetings, with professional learning groups.
- Convene online meetings and in-person meetings for KCM-sponsored events, as needed. Send meeting notes and other reports as requested to the KCM.
- Contribute to and share news with the KCM and KWEC Community.
Responsibility 2 - Provide Professional learning Experiences
- Lead professional learning experiences.
- Input and update KCM records related to professional learning such as attendance, feedback forms, sign-in sheets, participant information, etc.
- Communicate logistical details with appropriate staff.
- Track and confirm participant attainment of course requirements.
- Assist in designing and developing resources for KCM professional learning experiences, as needed.
- Collect photos and videos of Community Members in action, where consent is granted, and share with KCM staff.
Responsibility 3 - Grow Professionally
- Attend and assist with KCM-hosted professional learning experiences.
- Attend and/or present at the KCM annual conference.
- Attend and contribute to KCM RC in-person and online meetings.
- Continue to seek out self-directed professional growth opportunities.
Responsibility 4 - Other KCM and WKEC Activities
- Collaborate with systemic problem-solving and program improvement.
- Assist and support data collection activities.
- Be responsive to phone, email, and other correspondence by KCM and WKEC staff, KCM and WKEC Community Members, and other Regional Consultants.
- Provide detailed monthly reports documenting all work-related RC activities.
- Submit an annual inventory (spring) of the equipment over $500 owned by the KCM.
Responsibility 5 - Outreach
- Communicate with teachers, families, students, administrative staff and/or other parties who are interested in the KCM's approach to improving the teaching and learning of mathematics.
- Present to groups of teachers, administrators, and/or other educational professionals for the purposes of sharing information about the KCM-sponsored programs and recruiting new participants.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates must submit a resume of professional and educational experience, three professional references, and a letter of interest by email to: